1. Pick a Frame Shape: Your eyeglasses should complement your facial structure and bring out your best features. In order to do so your frames should have the opposite geometry of your face. For example:
- Round/Oval Faces: Look for square, rectangular or angular shapes.
- Square Faces: Go for rounder or half-rimmed frames that will soften your hard lines.
- Oblong Faces: You want larger frames that will dress the vertical features of your face.
2. Keep an eye out for the latest Men’s Eyewear Trends: Once you know your frame shape pick a trend that brings out your unique style.
- Vintage: 1940’s and 1950’s style plastic and metal frames are making a comeback. These classic styles make a humble statement with there vintage flair.
- Round or Oval: Rounded glasses are also making a comeback in men’s fashion this year. These Harry Potter inspired frames create a unique look that suits virtually any wardrobe or lifestyle.
- Tortoiseshell, Translucent, Transparent, or Colored: Unique patterns and colors are easy ways to update your frames. Pick a color that best complements your hair, eyes and skin color. Don’t worry about matching, because eyeglasses are stand-alone pieces that don’t have to match anything else you are wearing.
3. Try them On: Shape and style are important factors to consider but not as important as comfort.
- Smile: If your cheeks lift the glasses, you may want to consider a different pair.
- Check the width: With the frames on, place your pointing fingers next to each eye right by the inside corners of the frame. Your finger should fit just right with none to very little space left.
- Tweak Away: Make sure the bridge, shaft and rims are adjusted to your face and feel absolutely comfortable. If the frames need tweaking, ask one of our Bayside Vision Experts and they’ll make sure your frames fit just right on your face.